It’s no secret that I’m an android fan. It may be even less of a secret that I’m the opposite of a fan when it comes to Apple. That said, I don’t live in a bubble. I have friends and family that insist on buying these products despite my best efforts at explaining why they shouldn’t. Sometimes I even have to admit they have a cool app that android phones don’t – but not this time, suckers!
Twin Me! is similar to the Samsung Galaxy “Add Me” feature, this cool little app creates a clone of your friend or object. It’s a little hard to explain, but really easy to show, so take a look at these:
Twin Me! can be found and downloaded in the Google play market, or you can grab it here.
I have no idea how the devs got this to work so well and look so professional (that’s out of my geek expertise) but I’m super impressed. what’s best about it is that they really did do it all. The results looks like you spend hours matching things up exactly, when all you do is:
- Hold the phone horizontally
- Place the subject in the left frame of the screen and take the first shot
- Hold the camera steady, place them in the right frame and shoot again.
- Wait a few seconds and see the funny result! It’s a clone!
- The app will try to fix a possible misalignment during the shots
For best results, try to place the subject in a scene with a detailed background and do not move the camera between the shots.
Feel free to share some of your shots with me. I can’t stop playing with this app!